HvacTech2

Default Thermostat Wiring

Hi Travis, hope you are having a nice day

On 01-Aug-03 At About 07:44:17, Travis Jordan wrote to All
Subject: Thermostat Wiring

TJ From: "Travis Jordan"

TJ Trevor Lowe wrote:
Here's the question one more time: What two wires and their standard
corresponding colors would one person/one thermostat/one HVAC tech
have to short/connect together/work magic on to make that wonderful
fan motor begin to turn??

The answer must be in this format to be acceptable:

Black and Red.

TJ Assuming standard wiring conventions were followed, the answer is:

TJ Greeen and Red.

TJ Although the original question indicated that we should not ask why
TJ he wants to do this, I think we should point out that any external
TJ wiring to the thermostat should be appropriated fused in order to
TJ protect the HVAC equipment.

There is a lot more to it than this. the G is connected to the Y internally on
most thermostats. and jumpering these out will cause the A/C to run which
will damage the compressor.

-= HvacTech2 =-

... URA Redneck if you think cow tipping should be an Olympic sport.

___ TagDude 0.92á+[DM]
spam protection measure, Please remove the 33 to send e-mail