Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

Default Lithium batteries

On 13/11/2016 21:57, Michael Chare wrote:
On 13/11/2016 21:08, ss wrote:
Selling a camera that has a spare Lithium battery, anyone know of how I
can legally post this, as the post office refuses unless the battery is
in the item being sold.
I could I suppose sell without the spare but the battery will be of no
use to me and I would rather pass it on.

Make sure the battery is in a spare box or some other insulated
container that won't get damaged in post.

My issue is that they x-ray many parcels and if found to fall foul ie a
spare battery they destroy the whole package, so although yes I could
pack it to be safe I could risk losing the complete parcel.
The post office point blank refuse to take them even if properly packed
(safely) according to their counter staff.