Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default OTA TV reception problems

Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Sat, 12 Nov 2016 23:25:15 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Sat, 12 Nov 2016 06:32:48 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

http://www.blondertongue.com/UserFiles/file/documents/2012%20BRG%20FINAL_lo-res.pdf

I have several other dates archived, as well. Sometimes you need the
older information for existing systems.

Good point (after I erased the 2012 version from my machine).
I did some Googling and found the 2008 version of the Blonder Tongue
guide at:
https://www.sateng.com/downloads/btbroadbandrefguide.pdf
After a quick glance, it seems to have quite a bit on antenna systems,
which are not used very much these days thanks to fiber and satellite
backhauls.

Also, the 2009 version at:
http://www.blondertongue.com/UserFiles/file/documents/2009%20BBand%20Ref%20Guide.pdf

Thanks, but the 2014 version is more current:
http://www.blondertongue.com/UserFiles/file/Marketing%20Literature/2014_BRG_lo-res.pdf
Other documents and catalogs might be of interest:
http://www.blondertongue.com/about/request_a_catalog.aspx

Several other companies had useful publications, but the slow
conversion to Fiber Aided CATV killed them off.

The Motorola (now Arris) 2014 guide is what I like to use:
https://www.arris.com/globalassets/resources/other/cable_technology_pocket_guide.pdf
(6MB) 302 pages.

Just like early electrical engineering books that explained the
things that are just glossed over in current books. P Millet's website
is a wealth of early electronics books.

--
Never **** off an Engineer!

They don't get mad.