Posted to alt.home.repair
Wade Garrett Wade Garrett is offline

Default Chest freezer -- erratic temperature

Our 15-yr-old chest freezer's temperature varies widely. Since we
defrosted it a couple of weeks ago (and before that too) I've seen
temperatures ranging from -8F to +18F, even when set to max. cold.

Replace thermostat?

Perce

Considering how much more energy efficient the current crop are, I'd
replace it. Probably won't cost a whole lot more than trial and error
parts replacement on current one- and electricity savings will pay back
soon.

Remember to remove the door/lid before putting the old one out at the curb.

--
The older we get, the fewer things seem worth waiting in line for.