Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Paintedcow@unlisted.moo is offline

Default (OT) Pants length for men

On Sun, 13 Nov 2016 13:51:48 -0500, wrote:

On Sun, 13 Nov 2016 08:20:14 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
wrote:

Why don't you sew? A sewing machine is just another power tool,
and denim is much easier to work than plywood or steel.

I'll stick with the plywood and steel.....

I remember when I was a kid, my mother never cussed until she got near
her sewing machine.... Thread everywhere, then she would oil the machine
with special sewing machine oil, and cuss more... Juat getting the
thread onto them things is a major project that requires a college
degree.

Cindy Hamilton

For the most part, heterosexual men can barely dress themselves and
look decent (unless we have a uniform) and you want us to sew our own
clothes? ;-)

LOL, I couldn't have said it better.....

You can punch the male ticket by sewing a pocket in your pants for a
gun.
Like Cindy says, it is just another power tool. I was making a cover
for the console on my boat.

Last summer I had to sew a strap onto my canvas tent. It came off while
I was setting the tent up. I went and bought a pack of thick needles
made for leather or canvas, and some thick heavy duty thread.

After fighting with the needles, poking my finger till it bled (several
times), I got out plyers, and broke the needle, I got vice grips and
broke another needle, and so on.... 2 hours later, I was considering
taking down the tent and driving to town to see if I could find some
company to do the sewing, but it was a weekend so that was not likely.
Thats when one of my friends walked by and asked what I was cussing
about. After looking at my project, he said "I'll get my wife, she can
do it". She came over, and asked me to find a block of wood. That was
easy. She used the wood block to push the needle (instead of fingers or
plyers, etc). Ten minutes later she had it sewed on, and it was better
than than the original stitching. She refused the $20 bill I handed her,
so I gave both her and her husband a couple beers... Well worth it,
because my nerves had gotten real frazzled trying to sew that f^#$(&^
thing...