Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Tandberg 3600xd motor problem

On 13/11/2016 17:45, wrote:
I am trying to restore a Tandberg 3600xd. I have a problem with front motor bearing. It is kind of loosed,and the rotor rubbing against the walls of the stater. I took the motor apart. Everything looks like new but the front bearing is more loosed than the rear one. It seams to me that even the motor out the rotor touches the stater every time I hook it to the power 120v 60 Hz,and loud HUMMMMM sound is heart.
Is there any way I can fix those bearings myself?
Any help will be appreciated.

Has it been dropped or something heavy dropped on the deck?
It seems odd to have such damage to a tape-recorder motor, in the normal
run of things