Posted to alt.home.repair
Pavel314[_2_] Pavel314[_2_] is offline

Default Lawn Tractor Alignment

On Saturday, November 12, 2016 at 1:38:27 PM UTC-5, Dev Null wrote:
On 11/12/2016 1:16 PM, Pavel314 wrote:
I wasn't paying attention and came too close to a tree while mowing the lawn. The left front wheel got knocked out of alignment and now it has a strong pull to the right. I checked the user's manual but it said that alignment is set at the factory and can only be done by a trained service technician. I inspected the front suspension and don't see any way to adjust anything. Anyone have any ideas?

Paul

This ain't alt.home.repair.psychics so you'll need to provide the make and model number.

It's an Ariens A20VA46. The steering mechanism is the same as on my older Craftsman lawn tractor; they probably make them all at the same factory and stick different logos on them. The steering wheel moves a sector gear which is connected to each of the front wheels by a draglink (a bent rod) per side. I must have bent the left draglink when I hit the tree. I tried bending it back with a large crowbar but I think the suggestion to use a sledgehammer is my next attempt.

Paul