Martin

Default FLA. Humidistat vs Thermostat operation?

I should have mentioned that if the system you have can be arranged to
operate as ours does, make sure that the humidistat is not left in the fully
"on" position. That will keep the AC running continuously regardless of the
humidity and temperature.

"M.Burns" wrote in message
Recently got a small place in FLA, but we're not there in the summer and I
don't understand how the humidistat and thermostat work with each other

...if
they do.
When we are there, we set humidistat to "on", and the A/C thermostat to
"System "on", and mid 70's temperature.

However, what are the proper settings for an exended absence?
I changed the humidstat to "70" instead of "on", but then noticed the
digital A/C thermostat cannot be bumped to 85. It appears the thermostat
can only be set to a higher temperature when the humidstat is in the "on"
position.
What is controlling the humidity and temperature when the humidistat is

set
on "70" (and if so, is the thermostat controlling anything?).
What's going on?
Thanks.