Posted to alt.home.repair
Percival P. Cassidy Percival P. Cassidy is offline

Default Chest freezer -- erratic temperature

On 11/12/2016 04:32 PM, Oren wrote:

Our 15-yr-old chest freezer's temperature varies widely. Since we
defrosted it a couple of weeks ago (and before that too) I've seen
temperatures ranging from -8F to +18F, even when set to max. cold.

Replace thermostat?

IDK. It takes a little time for the temps to stabilize after a
defrost. Have you filled it with the frozen food you took out?

The temperature varied even before the most recent defrosting session --
and its now been two weeks since the most recent defrosting. And yes, we
put beck the frozen food we took out -- which wasn't out for very long
anyway (and most of it in a cooler with some "freezer packs").

Perce