Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default (OT) Pants length for men

On 11/12/2016 6:37 PM, wrote:
Not exactly on topic but at least it's not politics. Anyhow, since we
all need pants, usually jeans to do our home repairs, I think this
applies to the group.

Because I farm and do a lot of repairs, jeans dont last too long. Either
they get ripped, cut, or so covered with auto grease that they cant be
cleaned. Much of the time the zippers break or I just plain wear out the
knees from kneeling on the ground. Generally, I just buy the cheap ones
at Walmart. Even if the costlier ones might last a little longer, I'll
wear them out quickly anyhow.

I'm posting this because I cant find my size (length). I need a 29"
length, and the shortest they sell is a 30" (in my waiste size). So, I'm
constantly walking on the cuffs, wear the cuffs out in a few weeks, and
they are constantly coated with mud, manure, dirt, and whatever else I
drag them across. Annoying as hell!!!

I dont have anyone to sew them, and I dont sew. Having a seamstress do
it, would probably cost more than the pants themselves. I have tried
rolling them up and using safety pins, but the pins come out fast.

I'm not alone with this. I know other guys with the same problem.

Is there any sort of glue I could use to permanently glue the cuffs up?

Wife bought me one of those fabric adhesive kits and I assume that would
work. Why not just baste them up yourself. Few stitches with maybe a
little water proof glue should do it. I would not want to make them too
stiff as this might contribute to wear. I'm a 30 inseam myself and wife
will do mine. It is irritating.