Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Damn Olson blades.

On 11/12/16 1:04 PM, Leon wrote:
On 11/11/2016 7:13 PM, Martin Eastburn wrote:
doesn't look like it is aligned correctly. The running bearing
isn't turning at all. No touch.

Not necessary, a good blade and a good band saw do not need guides at
all.

+100points!!!
I've re-sawed 8" on my old Delta without any guides at all.
Co-planer wheels, good tension, and a sharp, true blade are much more
important than guides. I would go so far as to say guides were
invented to make up for crappy manufacturing and lazy woodworkers who
don't take the time to set up their saws.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--