Posted to rec.woodworking
woodchucker[_3_] woodchucker[_3_] is offline

Default Damn Olson blades.

On 11/12/2016 11:32 AM, Electric Comet wrote:
On Thu, 10 Nov 2016 21:33:15 -0500
woodchucker wrote:

I had a 1/2 x 105" 3TPI hook tooth band saw blade.

was it really half inch

you have clearly established your dislike for these blades

have an olson that seemed fine until i induced a set into it
took it off and uninduced the set and it seems to be ok

but most cuts are just for roughing stock for the lathe so not
too precise

if i ever need precision i will look at the widest my saw can take
but i will still keep my expectations low

what are you cutting and what are you making

1/2 the 14" saw says it can handle 3/4 but no one ever does.

About to make some Christmas gifts for some friends we go to every
Christmas eve. About to resaw quite a bit of walnut, cherry and maple.
They'll be more of the trays I did many years ago. A slightly
different design. They entertain a lot so these will be nice.. they
hold a wine glass and hors'doeuvres (sp?) . each looks different so you
can identify your own tray (think plate and wine)

--
Jeff