Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default water damage

I have to decide how much time to spend on this
Vocalist live3, DSP harmoniser, indoors but ended up directly underneath
a rainfall gully leak of the house roof.
Instead of opening up and hairdrying, owner just put on a room radiator
overnight before powering up, via external 9V ac wall wart.
I have to decide how much time to spend on this. If there is no
corrossion product, mainly white stuff like battery corrossion product
or "tide-mark", anywhere in the DSP area does that mean water did not
get there?
No front panel LEDs or sw responses, main 7805 v reg is ok and one SMD
LED on the pcb lit. No fuses/CPs found. I can find no schematic for this.
There was still water inside this kit when I got it. Obvious corrossion
product lightly brushed off easily, from around pins of stuff in the
internal ps area, would it be tin salts, tin carbonate or some such ?
Just some staining of the pins , no obvious failed copper tracks and
very little green corrossion product. I've not determined yet whether
multilayer pcb.