Travis Jordan

Default Thermostat Wiring

Trevor Lowe wrote:
Here's the question one more time: What two wires and their standard
corresponding colors would one person/one thermostat/one HVAC tech
have to short/connect together/work magic on to make that wonderful
fan motor begin to turn??

The answer must be in this format to be acceptable:

Black and Red.

Assuming standard wiring conventions were followed, the answer is:

Greeen and Red.

Although the original question indicated that we should not ask why he
wants to do this, I think we should point out that any external wiring
to the thermostat should be appropriated fused in order to protect the
HVAC equipment.