Posted to sci.electronics.repair
micky micky is offline

Default mag-lev-turntable

In sci.electronics.repair, on Fri, 11 Nov 2016 17:42:24 -0800, Jeff
Liebermann wrote:

On Thu, 10 Nov 2016 14:16:07 -0500, micky
wrote:

So is this for real, or a kickstarter designed to cheat me out of my
hard-earned money?
http://www.avsforum.com/mag-lev-turntable/
Brooklyn-Baltimore Guy

I wonder how it will work on my old warped vinyl records?

I've got a 45 I must have left in the sun, and it has waves literally an
inch and a half high, circling around the center. The needle can't come
within an inch of the troughs.

I call it a rock and roll record.

Keeping it centered to within half a track width or less might be
difficult with the needle applying a side force which is probably not
consistent across the tone arm swing. I expect to see a levitated
tone arm in the next version.

And maybe a levitated easy chair and ottoman!

Fighting gravity seems to be the current obsession in turntables:
https://www.gramovox.com/pages/floating-record