Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] akash.ganguly03@gmail.com is offline

Default Faulty MDS8RW101 - Vantage Controls - 120V Fused Dimming Module

I was able to fix my Vantage MDS8RW101 module by replacing the fuse in the module.

* Located the module which had the Fuse LED light OFF. The LEDs are one the top of the module. The Fuse LEDs are 2nd from left and the other one is 2nd from right.

* Removed module by unclipping the clips on the side of the module. - First tried to remove the vents by unscrewing the vents. Don't make the same mistake

* Found the fuse and replaced it with the spare.

The following document was helpful:
http://design.vantagecontrols.com/li...es_install.pdf

On Wednesday, September 23, 2015 at 1:15:18 PM UTC-7, UkiwiS wrote:
I have a Vantage Controls lighting control system with 6 of these "Fused Dimming Modules" in a chassis. Each Module controls 8 light circuits.

One of the dimming modules is faulty as 2 lighting circuits cannot be powered off.

I know the module has an issue because when I replace it with a known good module the circuits work correctly. If I then move the failed module to another location in the chassis I then have 2 failed circuits in a different location.

I can go through am Authorized Dealer for repair and I can expect to pay a ridiculous amount...or I can source a second hand module on eBay. That is what I have done.

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced repair shop in San Diego where I could get this module looked at and perhaps repaired, if economical?

TIA
KIWI