Posted to rec.woodworking
John McGaw John McGaw is offline

Default Damn Olson blades.

On 11/11/2016 3:51 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
"krw" wrote in message
On Fri, 11 Nov 2016 08:22:45 -0700, Brewster wrote:

On 11/11/16 5:58 AM, Dr. Deb wrote:
On Thursday, November 10, 2016 at 8:33:24 PM UTC-6, woodchucker wrote:
I had a 1/2 x 105" 3TPI hook tooth band saw blade.
it has been in the box for a little over 5 years.
I had bought it thinking I needed a blade, and could not get a
Timberwolf in time. but I did get the timberwolf. Well this blade
SUCKS.

After uncoiling it and running it for about 30 minutes it has a set in
it that won't come out. On high tension I still can't get it to run
clean. This is going in the trash and will be the last Olson I'll ever
buy...

VIDEO of wobble : https://youtu.be/I1KgpJFGdU4
--
Jeff

Jeff, I have tried Olson, Timberwolf and Carter bandsaw blades.

The absolute best I have found is the house blade from Highland Hardware.

Not trying to start a brand war, but my saw came with several 1" 3TPI
Olson's, they dulled way too quickly. Same with the Timberwolf blades I
replaced them with.

I didn't find a good blade until I tired the HH stock

Anybody got a link? I just did a google search for Highland Hardware
Bandsaw Blade and got Highland Woodworking for most results below the paid
listings.

For your purposes Highland Hardware = Highland Woodworking. If you are
looking for their house brand resaw blade then it is in this neighborhood:

http://www.highlandwoodworking.com/w...s705to137.aspx

I find them to be pretty good blades overall but like any others they can
start to get a bit 'funny' when they feel like it -- first they are
tracking and cutting perfectly then they aren't.