Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.misc

Default how to get smell out of car footwell carpet?

On 11/11/16 19:01, Harold Davis wrote:
Hello,

Apologies for multi-posting, but I realised after posting this to
uk.rec.cars.misc that I'd be likely also to get some knowledgeable answers
in uk.d-i-y.

***

Recently my car was stuck in a ditch over a weekend and mud got into the
front passenger footwell. Since then, I have cleaned the fitted carpet
using spray-on "Carplan" car upholstery cleaner and also "Rug Doctor"
carpet odour remover, both times scrubbing it into the carpet with a brush.
I have unclipped the casing at the side, bent the carpet up, and cleaned
and dried under it with rag and tissue paper, and I have left a fan heater
on in the car for hours to ensure the footwell is completely dry, including
both the carpet itself and under it. But there's still a pong.

Advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance!

***

Harry