Posted to rec.woodworking
Brewster[_2_] Brewster[_2_] is offline

Default Damn Olson blades.

On 11/11/16 5:58 AM, Dr. Deb wrote:
On Thursday, November 10, 2016 at 8:33:24 PM UTC-6, woodchucker wrote:
I had a 1/2 x 105" 3TPI hook tooth band saw blade.
it has been in the box for a little over 5 years.
I had bought it thinking I needed a blade, and could not get a
Timberwolf in time. but I did get the timberwolf. Well this blade SUCKS.

After uncoiling it and running it for about 30 minutes it has a set in
it that won't come out. On high tension I still can't get it to run
clean. This is going in the trash and will be the last Olson I'll ever
buy...

VIDEO of wobble : https://youtu.be/I1KgpJFGdU4
--
Jeff

Jeff, I have tried Olson, Timberwolf and Carter bandsaw blades.

The absolute best I have found is the house blade from Highland Hardware.

Not trying to start a brand war, but my saw came with several 1" 3TPI
Olson's, they dulled way too quickly. Same with the Timberwolf blades I
replaced them with.

I didn't find a good blade until I tired the HH stock

(I know carbide would rule, but I still haven't been able to pry open my
wallet enough, though the purchase of the Festool Pro5 shows that the
bugger is starting to crack...)

-BR