Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Chuck[_27_] Chuck[_27_] is offline

Default mag-lev-turntable

On Fri, 11 Nov 2016 12:28:55 -0000, MJC
wrote:

In article ,
says...

... There is another one out there, a vertical turntable. There are

people putting money into that as well and it is not a really good idea.
It is one hell of a novelty, as this is and if you got the money honey,
go for it. Impress your friends and enemies as well.

I'm sure a vertical turntable was marketed decades ago. I don't remember
the supposed advantage, though...

Mike.

One advantage was that they could be built into boomboxes and an arm
could be mounted on the front and the back. (No need to flip the
record) I remember when they first Sharp samples showed up at Best
Buy. They were monstrosities that I thought wouldn't sell and I was
right.

---