Trevor Lowe

Default Thermostat Wiring

Poor Peter.. I understand exactly what he's asking, but nobody is providing,
in black and white, the answer. I don't know the answer myself, but why
won'tanyone just tell him?? From all the responses to his posting, it seems
everybody has at least some idea what theyr'e talking about, but nobody will
let him in on their "little secret".

Childish.

Here's the question one more time: What two wires and their standard
corresponding colors would one person/one thermostat/one HVAC tech have to
short/connect together/work magic on to make that wonderful fan motor begin
to turn??

The answer must be in this format to be acceptable:

Black and Red.

Replace the above colors with whatever color would satisfy the
aforementioned question. Else, your response is unwelcome. No intro, no
outro, no silly rant about asking specific questions.. Just three words in
the exact format specified above.

"Peter" wrote in message
I'd like to find out whether there is any "standard" to the wiring between
home thermostats and the HVAC equipment.

The thermostats in my house are connected to the HVAC units in the
basement via a 5 conductor cable. Yellow, green, white, red, blue.

The blue is not connected. I *assume* that two of the other four are the
main on/off and the other two are for the fan on/auto switch. Can I tell
by color which is which or do I have to open up the thermostat and look?

Thanks.

Peter

--
**Remove Xs to reply by e-mail**