John McGaw

Default Master Bedroom above the garage

"Jan" wrote in message
om...
My Master BR is exactly above my garage, both facing west (least to
say that I live in TX). As a result, my upstairs AC is always on
(thermostat is in the master bedroom) and my master BR seems to be
always hotter than the other rooms upstairs. Are there any other
things that I can do to lower the temps in the master BR (besides
keeping the ceiling fan on, which, anyway, isn't much effective)?

I do not want to keep the garage door open, even partially, as the
backside of my house is full of woods and I have spotted some snakes,
mice, rabbits etc around our house.

Thanks much in advance
Jan

In addition to what others have suggested, if your lot permits, a row of
screening trees to shade that end of the house might be of help. I realize
that even the fastest growing trees will take a while to get big enough to
help but if you are going to be there for a while it might be worthwhile...
--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]

Return address will not work. Please