MrCheerful

Default Immersion Heater Fuse Blowing

Stephen wrote:
Hope someone can advise.

The fuse on my immersion heater keeps blowing. It is on its own 15A
circuit. The fuse doesn't blow immediately but after one or two

days.
I have replaced the fuse three times and wired around the timer to
eliminate it as the cause.

Could it be anything other than the immersion heater causing the

blown
fuse ?

The hot water is only heated by the immersion as there is no gas and
the unit is around 12 years old. The make is a Thermtec Ltd 3kw.

If I need to replace the heater, do I need to buy a new thermostat

or
can I re-use the old one ?

Thanks in advance.

given the age, just get another immersion, these come with a new
thermostat and only cost a few pounds.

MrCheerful