effi

Default Master Bedroom above the garage

if you have an attic and enough space to crawl in it,
add a radiant barrier (aluminum foil backed heavy brown paper),
cost about $100 per 1000 sq ft for the material,
most bang for the buck,
beyond that,
spray in some cellulose to seal the air movement (which fiberglass does not
do at all) to keep your cool air in and the hot air out,
go with 12" or more

you could also experiment with adding radiant barrier to the inside of the
garage doors and garage walls to see if that lowers the temperature (rather
than raising it, which you don't want to do),
seems to work in some applications and not work in others

if the garage doors are wood or some other material you can saw through,
add some sophit vents (louevre type with screen that are usually used on
overhangs of houses to ventilate attics) in the garage door panels up high
to keep rain out,
or maybe even some small screened windows

also,
get your air conditioner checked for freon level,
sometimes they're just a little low and a few bucks of freon can make a
world of difference

good luck !

"Jan" wrote in message
om...
My Master BR is exactly above my garage, both facing west (least to
say that I live in TX). As a result, my upstairs AC is always on
(thermostat is in the master bedroom) and my master BR seems to be
always hotter than the other rooms upstairs. Are there any other
things that I can do to lower the temps in the master BR (besides
keeping the ceiling fan on, which, anyway, isn't much effective)?

I do not want to keep the garage door open, even partially, as the
backside of my house is full of woods and I have spotted some snakes,
mice, rabbits etc around our house.

Thanks much in advance
Jan