Posted to uk.d-i-y
Moron Watch Moron Watch is offline

Default An LED question

"Simon Mason" wrote in message
On Thursday, 10 November 2016 12:00:46 UTC, Martin Brown wrote:

You can get them in globes. Although TBH I prefer the cheaper corn on
the cob types if I want something approximating omnidirectional.

I nearly got killed while 20 foot up a ladder screwing in a corncob.

Even without electrical training surely common sense should have suggested to
you that it's always advisable to switch off the light before changing a bulb ?

The point being, that if there's already sufficient light for you to climb the ladder
and fit the bulb then there should be sufficient light for you to climb down again
without the switch having been left to on.

Also given your propensity for jumping off of bridges there would also be
less temptation for you to stick your fingers in the live light socket.