Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default New Car Battery

In article ,
Muddymike wrote:
Were they asked to? and does "testing a battery" include testing whether
the charging circuit is working?

My point was don't trust Halfords to do anything other than what you
ask.

Are you saying every single person who works for Halfords dishonest?

If my neighbours had gone to a our local garage instead of Halfords
the battery, and whether it was receiving a charge, would have been
tested rather than simply selling them a battery assuming that an 72
year old lady had the knowledge to diagnose the fault.

You think any and all local garages perfectly honest, and wouldn't con an
old lady?

The car had a less than two year old battery already!

If she was capable of driving, why didn't she keep details of warranties,
etc?

Silly to play on her being an old lady if alert etc enough to own a car
and drive.

--
*Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.