Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default An LED question

In article ,
Martin Brown wrote:
I've not seen any that look just like opaque globe tungsten - they tend to
have more of a hot spot. Tungsten of that type likely have a very long
filament which is why they are more delicate than GLS.

You can get them in globes. Although TBH I prefer the cheaper corn on
the cob types if I want something approximating omnidirectional.

I have a large globe tungsten in the light above a table. Used because it
looks pretty. Very evenly lit approx 6" sphere. I'd like a dimmable LED to
do the same job. But must look as good on and off.

--
*A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.