Posted to uk.d-i-y
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default CH status panel?

On 10/11/2016 11:07, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Martin Brown has brought this to us :
That is ~10mA into the LED and it won't take much more to kill it.

It will invariably blow the LED to kingdom come every time there is a
fast mains transient glitch on the power line.

They are 30mA LED's.

If you put a choke in series as well and/or a capacitor in parallel
with the LED it might survive but you would be safer with 1 or 2mA.

They do not light at such low currents..

You are clueless. Modern LED dies are visibly lit on 10's of uA.
You only need a higher current if they are in sunlight.

Only the LED forward biassed by the 4148 will be lit. You may as well
put the diodes in series with a capacitor across the LED to avoid
mains flicker and smooth out any glitches.

I can see the mains flicker, but that is not an issue - it is just a
diagnostic aid.

I am not sure that I should be encouraging someone so inept to play
with mains voltages.

That is offensive. You don't know my qualifications, so where does the
inept come from?

Your original posting. You have no idea what you are doing.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown