Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Reay[_6_] Brian Reay[_6_] is offline

Default New Car Battery

On 09/11/2016 07:22, Tim+ wrote:
Davey wrote:
On Wed, 9 Nov 2016 01:09:24 +0000
Bill Wright wrote:

You've done the customary simple test to make sure it is the battery
and not the charging circuity? Checked the battery terminals are
clean and tight? Checked the battery water (if not sealed)?

If it started the car on Saturday, but wouldn't on Tuesday, then I
agree that I would suspect the charging circuit rather than the battery.

It's actually very common for batteries to die suddenly. More common than
charging circuitry to go wrong in my experience.

Tim

Agreed.

'Sudden death' also seems to be more common these days. It could be my
memory playing tricks but perhaps the newer batteries are more prone to
'sudden death'.