Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Correct tool for the job Pt4

Simon Mason wrote
Rod Speed wrote

It would have been completely ****ing hopeless with
a bag full of laptop, that thing, camera etc instead.

On the three trains I was on yesterday, there were endless people
on their chavphones trying to have conversations in tunnels,
cuttings and amongst high buildings where their connections
got cut off every 30 secs or so to their immense surprise.

Ours are done much better with full service in all of those, including the
tunnels.

If I could have been arsed, I'd have plugged in a headset and used Skype
via the on board WiFi on my Acer, so even as a PHONE they're useless,

Like hell they are.

never mind GPS, camera, 25000 songs, SW radio, OS map etc.

Works fine on our trains. And only a dinosaur like you lugs around
a ****ing great bag of **** when a phone that no bigger than a thick
credit card does it all, particularly when walking around not on the train.

I dont bother with a bag at all, just the phone in my pocket.