Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default An LED question

In my garden I have some globe lights, all are fed from a transformer giving
nominally 12v ac from a radio switch I can operate from my pocket. However
the construction of the wiring andlights is quite frankly rubbish, but I do
like globes. I was wondering if any led bulbs capable of operating on such a
system and giving uniform globe illumination was around. Ifrequired I would
even buy holders as this is the problem in the current lights, ie insulation
displacement connections are unreliable.

I I am aware that many forms of rechargeable garden lights exist,but for my
use I'm happy with centralcontrol and bright lights. the plug in wire ended
bulbs are rubbish and of course tungsten and inefficient. My feeling was a
small defused led of some kind in series with a diode so I could share the
ac cycles between lights soto speak.
Brian

--
----- -