Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Wisnia[_10_] Jeff Wisnia[_10_] is offline

Default "Beepless" Microwaves?

wrote:
On Tue, 08 Nov 2016 14:01:26 -0500, Pat wrote:

On Tue, 08 Nov 2016 12:07:09 -0600,
wrote:

On Mon, 7 Nov 2016 10:29:32 -0800 (PST), Dillon
wrote:

Holding the 2 button for about 5 seconds works for me.

And as soon as the power goes out you have to start over again. I quit
setting the clock on my MW. We get power outages often and not only do I
have to reset the clock, but it always goes back to 24 hour military
time. (Annoying). I dont need the clock on it, I only need the timer, so
I just dont set the clock anymore... If there was a way to shut off the
clock, I would !!!

On mine (a Panasonic), if you don't set the time, the clock remains
blank.

Mine is an Oster. I wish the clock would remain blank. I have just
learned to ignore it. I have a clock on the wall in the kitchen and my
alarm clock in the bedroom. That's enough clocks in one house,
especially when it comes time to change them. My cellphone changes
itself and is the most accurate, so I just change the 2 house clocks,
and 2 vehicle clocks. Then I have to change my computer time too. That's
plenty.... I dont need a clock on the MW, and I no longer have a VCR to
change....

We've got a small GE microwave oven in our office and its clock
obviously isn't synced to the 60 Hz line because it gains about 2
minutes a day. Before we know it its fast by ten minutes or so.

Must be because the back label says it can run on 50 or 60 Hz and the
builders were too cheap to put a crystal in it, so it's probably got
just an RC oscillator.

I'll try the hints earlier in this thread and see if I can shut off that
damn clock as we've got a $9.95 Staples wall clock in the same room as
the microwave oven, and the only time we have to reset it is when the
single AA battery in it croaks or for DST changes.

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)