Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Fan problem

On Tuesday, November 8, 2016 at 9:19:47 AM UTC-5, N_Cook wrote:

Interesting but I don't know what it tells me, a VDR or some thyristor
cct, start-up hold-off, in the working ones?
Working .08 and OEM .14A ones higher than 10M DVM-R
0.15A 19.3K , DVM-R
and .2A 19.9K

I'll recheck but i think the fan comes on when the relay clicks over, so
not as though the fan is kept out of circuit when the SMPS first starts
up. Even then a pretty light load, even in the sense of start-up
current, or could that current be an amp or more for a mS or so

Sheesh, Guy!!

10Meg vs. 20K +/- and you are not sure what it is telling you?

The system is seeing the non-working fans as, relatively, a dead short. No wonder it goes into instant 'protect mode'.

You need a replacement fan with a internal resistance in the 8 - 12 meg range.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA