Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Different architrave/skirting.

In article ,
Muddymike wrote:
On 08/11/2016 11:21, Dan S. MacAbre wrote:
While decorating the living room, I've noticed that the architrave and
skirting are different profiles. It seems that the architrave is the
torus profile, and the skirting board is ogee. Oddly, it's taken about
ten years for me to notice this, but now that I have, I can't help
wondering if someone's messed up. It's all hard wood in very good
condition, but if one is to be replaced, I guess now is the time to do
it. Is it normal to have them different? I'd have thought you'd
normally have them the same, but I know nothing about skirting board
conventions.

My home is 80 years old, none of the original Skirting and Architrave
match. Replacements are different again, even in the same room! Its
called Character:-)

Not sure I could cope with that in the same room. When I bought this
Victorian pile, I had some skirting made up to match the original
prefectly. As it is such a feature in the public rooms. The same would
apply to the cornice.

--
*If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.