Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Different architrave/skirting.

In article ,
Dan S. MacAbre wrote:
While decorating the living room, I've noticed that the architrave and
skirting are different profiles. It seems that the architrave is the
torus profile, and the skirting board is ogee. Oddly, it's taken about
ten years for me to notice this, but now that I have, I can't help
wondering if someone's messed up. It's all hard wood in very good
condition, but if one is to be replaced, I guess now is the time to do
it. Is it normal to have them different? I'd have thought you'd
normally have them the same, but I know nothing about skirting board
conventions.

It's entirely down to taste. If it looks good to you and yours, don't
worry. Unless it's a listed building. ;-)

--
*Half the people in the world are below average.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.