Posted to alt.home.repair
Meanie[_6_] Meanie[_6_] is offline

Default Swinging door wall

On 11/7/2016 11:05 PM, Oren wrote:
On Mon, 7 Nov 2016 17:05:05 -0500, Meanie wrote:

I will be enclosing my furnace soon and had the idea of building the
wall but with bi-fold doors to gain access. Now, I've been thinking more
of eliminating the bi-fold door idea and hinging the actual wall with
studs. I will be using metal studs (lighter) and thought about hinging
to the abutting stud and installing a roller on the bottom for easier
gliding on floor.

Anyone ever do something like that and can offer suggestions, tips,
tricks, etc.

Thanks

What flooring type would the "roller" travel on and what consequence
of wear an tear?

Floating engineered wood floor. Considering it would open only when
service is required, I see the issue of wear and tear a minor one. I'm
also thinking the caster/roller would be a non-marking hard rubber type.