Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Best place to get sheet metal in small quantities in San Jose?

On Tue, 8 Nov 2016 01:41:28 +0000 (UTC), Alex Harris
wrote:

On Mon, 07 Nov 2016 19:19:42 -0500, wrote:

Hard to beat that price. They have rounded corners and drilled holes,
ready to go. I wouldn't cut a sign out with a saber saw and buff the
edges for $3 if the metal was free.
I am going to book mark that site.

I don't think I can beat that price either.

One guy I called, named Miles, at Reliance, in Union City (408-672-3455)
quoted $24 each for 0.063 gauge 5052 alloy, cut to 12x18, not rounded, and
$33 each for 18x24.

Given that a *better* blank (rounded, painted, and holed) will be about $6
to $14 it's certainly not worth looking further at having anyone cut the
sheets for me locally.

The closest comparison is this 18x24 unpainted blank
http://store.hallsigns.com/18-x-24-A...nk_p_5717.html

The OP might want to see what this guy wants for the completed signs.
His paint or decals will last longer than your average rattle can
anyway.

I'm looking at that site now, which seems to have everything, from the
blanks, to the posts, and even the decals, as you mentioned:
http://store.hallsigns.com/Engineer-...rs_p_5047.html

The 18x24 painted rounded holed blanks are $14 plus a $10 handling & $17
shipping charge, for $41 for just one sign, so it's best to order more signs
because for just one, it's not worth the money alone.

18" x 24" .063 Gauge Painted Aluminum Sign Blank
http://store.hallsigns.com/18-x-24-0...nk_p_3274.html

Have you looked locally?