Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] vpnp.66@gmail.com is offline

Default Swinging door wall

On Monday, November 7, 2016 at 5:05:14 PM UTC-5, Meanie wrote:
I will be enclosing my furnace soon and had the idea of building the
wall but with bi-fold doors to gain access. Now, I've been thinking more
of eliminating the bi-fold door idea and hinging the actual wall with
studs. I will be using metal studs (lighter) and thought about hinging
to the abutting stud and installing a roller on the bottom for easier
gliding on floor.

Anyone ever do something like that and can offer suggestions, tips,
tricks, etc.

Thanks

You should be able to. Keep in mind strong hinges (3 reg door type or pivot), ceiling and swing clearances, proper ventilation, fire & noise insulation, accessibility, etc. I assume in a finished basement?