Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Reay[_6_] Brian Reay[_6_] is offline

Default Repeated power outages - how to resolve root cause

On 04/11/16 20:23, Caecilius wrote:

snipped for brevity

Does anyone have any knowledge of how to get the root cause of these
sorts of problems addressed?

We had a problem with our domestic supply some time back- frequent
'cuts' for an hour or two. Like you the help line seemed good but they
didn't seem to be 'empowered' to get to the root of the problem.

We just asked to be referred to a supervisor and it was fixed in a day
or so.

Having said that, it seems that there had been a major failure and we
had been on a local generator and the cuts were due to it running out of
fuel (or a some other issue causing it to cut out*). Someone, often us I
suspect, reported the 'cut' and the fuel as topped up or the generator
otherwise restarted. Whether the permanent fix was any quicker due to
the intervention of the supervisor I can't be sure.

*I believe on one occasion the cables linking the generator to the main
cable were stolen.

We've had similar problems with the 'phone lines when a duct was flooded
and new cables had to be run. BT were a shambles until I contacted the
Chief Exec.