Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Bulbs

In article ,
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
David wrote:
On Monday, November 7, 2016 at 3:21:23 PM UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Stick a diode in series with the fitting. That will take the edge of
the output.

Might be a bit beyond me, but I'll have a look.
LED candle lights are about 5 times the price of halogen. I dunno
halogen candle lamps but if anything like the older tungsten variety
you'll get very used to fitting new ones.

We have six chandelier-style fittings. I am already used to buying
bulbs in bulk...

In which case would make a lot of sense to go LED. They should last a lot
longer as well as using less power.

but, according to the TLC catalogue they are 25% brighter the smallest
halogen. I might buy some myself next time round - I've 2 fittings, each
with 6 lamps. I've replaced 3 in the last month!

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England