Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Bulbs

Would this not make them flicker a bit? Not to say it would load one mains
half cycle one would assume.

Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
David wrote:
Anyway, I have just put up a new six-bulb ceiling lamp on the landing
(reasons of design - I am just the labourer). It has six ses halogen
clear candle 18w bulbs. That's 108w or 138w equivalent. It's a bit too
bright. Does anyone know if I can get an ses clear candle filament (pref
halogen) bulb with a lower wattage than 18w? I don't want to go down
the LED filament route at this point as I'm not rich enough.

Stick a diode in series with the fitting. That will take the edge of the
output. LED candle lights are about 5 times the price of halogen. I dunno
halogen candle lamps but if anything like the older tungsten variety
you'll get very used to fitting new ones.

--
*Modulation in all things *

Dave Plowman
London SW