Posted to uk.d-i-y
Caecilius[_2_] Caecilius[_2_] is offline

Default Repeated power outages - how to resolve root cause

On Sun, 6 Nov 2016 05:29:02 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

Brian Gaff wrote

That is what SHOULD happen, of course, but in common no doubt with many
organisations, there is no way of flagging repeat things unless they are
flagged to a higher authority.

It doesn’t need to be flagged. Someone is replacing the
substation fuse and must be aware that they have to keep
doing what shouldn’t need to be done very often at all.

It looks like you might be correct. I had a phone call this morning
saying that the problem was the fuse at the substation, which was
replaced. I confirmed that the power was back on.

The person then said: we see this is the 4th time this has happened,
so we're sending someone to have a look. I'm not sure why whoever
replaced the fuse at the substation couldn't do this, but perhaps they
are different jobs. Anyway, it seems that UK power networks do keep
records and an investigation gets triggered after some number of
repeat faults.