Posted to alt.home.repair
Charles Bishop[_2_] Charles Bishop[_2_] is offline

Default Orangeburg Drain Pipe

In article ,
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 11/6/2016 10:47 AM, dpb wrote:

Unless it is extremely deep and/or the soil is very difficult, 50-ft
could be hand-trenched and replaced for considerably less than $17,000
unless it's under a patio slab and/or other obstructions.

I admire your energy to hand trench 50' by a minimum of 4' deep.

The pipe is about 3 feet deep at the house end, and 6' deep at the
street end. In addition there is a slope with an abrupt "curve" down
near the street end, which makes me think the pipe is more than 6' deep
at the top of the curve down.

Of course, I'd rather do the work myself, with laborers than pay
plumbers' rates to do the digging.

See another post for a full description of the work.

--
Charles