Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default What is it? (Amateur version Post #14)

On Sun, 6 Nov 2016 15:08:19 -0800 (PST), Larry Flynn
wrote:

Here is another post in my amateur “What is it?” tools thread. As usual, I will try to answer questions about their composition, size and how they can move. Pictures are provided via Dropbox.
L. Flynn

POST14_TOOL53. This steel tool is approximately 6½ inches long. The serrated projections on the bowl-like end are sharp but not razor sharp. The inner hole of the bowl is also sharp.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8o77kzu34v...ICALL.jpg?dl=0

POST14_TOOL54. This metal tool is approximately 4½ inches long in the closed position. It creates two cylinders with inner diameters of approximately 3/8 of an inch. There are numbers, warnings and a name stamped into the metal. I have hidden them in the pictures but will provide them as hints if the tool is not recognized.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/94y3nq5abe...ICALL.jpg?dl=0

POST14_TOOL55. This tool is clearly in the metal plyers’ family. It is almost 8 inches long. The jaws have a rubbery red plastic coating. The set screw can be adjusted to limit the closed position of the jaws anywhere from a ½ inch gap to fully closed. The jaws do not open wider than 1 inch. The edges of the jaws are concave/convex.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yjcdqoscds..._PIC1.jpg?dl=0

POST14_TOOL56. These two metal tools are approximately 3 inches long. They both have removable screw-on parts on one of their ends with holes passing through them. There is a small cavity inside each even when they are fully screwed on. They both have solid points at the other end. The black steel point on the end of the brass one is removable as well.

53 is a chalk marker. It perforates through a pattern into (usually)
fabric and allows chalk dust to mark the cloth.

#54 is a fuel line quick connect tool to disconnect quick-connect
lines. Looks like a Lisle. I have a couple in my tool box.
\
#55 is an adjustable gripping pliers. The thumb screw limits how far
the pliers can close - the padded jaws protect the work