stuart noble

Default Are room thermostats out of fashion?

Andy Hall wrote in message ...
From all of this, I would conclude that room thermostats may be good
practice and used as part of demonstrating compliance with Part L1,
but I can see nothing in the Approved Document that mandates them and
it is certainly a long stretch to say that not having one in a new
installation is specifically illegal.

Thanks for the wider view, Andy. What concerns me is, I assume a room stat
can't do any harm, unless of course it fights with the TRVs in such a way
that the boiler doesn't know what the hell it's doing. Why the installers
should bother to disconnect the old stat is a mystery.
The other thing that would concern me is the reliability of the TRVs. I've
never had a stat fail but I've known plenty of TRVs seize up if they're not
adjusted from one year to the next.