CMF

Default Hot/Cold valves for Kitchen sink

Hello, all.

I am doing some work under the kitchen sink and I am trying to get it good
and dry. I have taken out the disposal, all pipes, the faucet, etc. I turned
the water off at the valves (of course) before removing everything, but
still get a drip out of them. One is worse than the other. I went and bought
caps for them, just so I can get the work done. Squeezes water around the
caps, and still drips. Not a lot, mind you, but enough to be exasperating. I
guess I could teflon tape as well to really seal it up, but the real
question is do these valves need to be replaced? Is this some weird safety
feature (nothing surprises me anymore) that keeps whatever from happening or
not happening? I mean, over the 9 year life of the house they haven't
exactly been worked to death; it's not everyday you turn off the water under
the sink.

Ideas? I am obviously not a plummer, but unfortunately not in the position
to hire one.

Thanks in advance,

--
Maury French

Wylie, TX
"I cannot teach my kids ethics if I do not
practice them myself"