Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Look165 Look165 is offline

Default SMPS inductor clone

The trace of the inductor in the schematic means with a core.

No Litz wire, it is reserved for high frequency low intensity windinds.

SMPS works at "low frequency" (some 10 kHz).

If the core is ok, just unwind and rewind with a new wire.

Gareth Magennis a écrit :
OK, so I want to clone this inductor, L9.

http://elektrotanya.com/digipro_1000.../download.html

It is wound on a ETD29 former, I have counted the turns and the wire gauge.

What I don't know is the core material. There are several types available.

(The original has zero gap in the core)

This is a reasonably high power SMPS, running a powered speaker.
http://www.rcf.it/products/pro-speak...ries/art-710-a

How would one determine the type of core used in this design?

Cheers,

Gareth.