Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default So brexit must go to a vote in the commons, I wonder what the scotts

In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
In article . com,
dennis@home wrote:

On 04/11/2016 07:34, Tim Streater wrote:

There hasn't been a referendum on those two matters.

There doesn't need to be everyone knows the results.

The big problem with the brexit vote is it has torn the UK down the
middle. Neither side has enough of a majority for the others to be happy
with the outcome.

Perhaps so, although I think the UK was already torn down the middle.

We agree about something at last.

Years ago I used to imagine that the EU (this EU, that is) was probably
a good thing. Once they started bullying people who voted "the wrong
way", and once I started seeing it a little bit from the inside, I
began to wonder.

The UK is torn down the middle by successive governments allowing the rich
to get richer while the poor got poorer.

'We can buy coal cheaper from abroad than we can produce it outselves'
So close our coal industry and who cares about those thrown out of work.
They brought it on themselves for daring to take any action to protect
their jobs.

And repeat with many many other industries. And little attempt to
encourage alternative work and training for it.

Which BTW has f-all to do with the EU. Except as a fall guy.

--
*It IS as bad as you think, and they ARE out to get you.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.