Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dennis@home Dennis@home is offline

Default So brexit must go to a vote in the commons, I wonder what thescotts

On 04/11/2016 07:46, Bod wrote:

It was our government that asked us the question. Why ask it if they
won't accept the answer. A pointless question.

The government isn't parliament and as the judges have stated its
parliament that has to pass the law not the government. This is the way
the UK works and is what the sovereignty voters want.
The government can do things like change tax rates without putting it to
parliament but they can't add or remove laws that affect the
constitution. If they coud then they could just remove the vote from the
opposition and become a one party state and Corbin might do that if he
could.