Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Martin Bob Martin is offline

Default So brexit must go to a vote in the commons, I wonder what the scotts

in 1536222 20161104 004224 "Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
In article ,
alan_m wrote:
In article . com,
dennis@home wrote:
I wonder what the scots will vote?
Will it be a free vote?

It is good that the BREXITEERS have finally been told what
'sovereignty' actually means.

Absolutely nothing to do with 'the will of the people' or any other
such ****e St Nige etc implied. But you would have expected May to
know - or have been told - long before now.

A lot of MPs will be mindful of their jobs come the next general
election if the brexit vote is reversed.

I don't expect the vote to be reversed. But would rather like to know -
and have MPs vote on - what BREXIT actually means. Not have it left to a
few incompetent ministers.

If those who actually voted to leave were unanimous in what they wanted,
it would be clearer. But you'll get as many versions from them as there
are days in the year.

It's a pity it took a private citizen to achieve what should have happened anyway.
Theresa May sounds as if she thinks she can ignore the judgement.